Last weekend we had a yard sale. We promised the kids they could have a lemonade stand sometime this summer, so we decided to combine the two. It was a little stressful getting it all together, but it turned out to be fun and the kids had a blast! The kids and I spent most of the day Friday squeezing lemons to make 6 batches of lemonade, using 5 bags of lemons, and we made 5 dozen Toll House cookies!!! We sold lemonade and cookies, so each child had something they were in charge of, and they wouldn't fight over who was going to serve the customers. They actually sold about $11 worth of lemonade and a few dollars worth of cookies, which was great considering the prices (50 cents and 25 cents). They enjoyed peddling their goods and stayed outside longer than I expected they would considering the heat. Thankfully, the borrowed canopy made the heat a little more bearable. Overall, it was a good day. And ohhhh the memories!
Friday, July 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How cute! I love their sign! I'm impressed you made homemade lemonade and cookies! We just do the Crystal Light!
ReplyDelete